Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Poor Chaos

Song of the day: “Do you really want to hurt me?” by Culture Club. I know what you’re thinking? Culture Club! Why? I don’t know. I can’t explain it. It’s been going through my head all day, darn it. And I don’t even like the song! *sigh*

Ah well, no helping it, I guess.

So, I’m running on fumes tonight. I was out most of the morning, taking Chaos to the vet for his dental surgery. He really didn’t like me leaving him there. All obediently he went into the cage, sat down and looked at me morosely (shivering all the while) while I headed back out to get my bodywarmer. Put that over him and then promised I’d be back to pick him up ASAP. He has such doggy eyes. It just broke my heart leaving him in that cage, but there was no helping it. Had to head for town to pick up some supplies, along with a grocery or two. Wasn’t back longer than an hour when I had to go back again to pick him up. Gawd I was startled. He was so apathetic! He barely even responded to when he heard my voice. Didn’t in fact respond at all until I squatted beside him and put my hand under his nose. Then he finally raised his head, only to let it drop again as if it was just too heavy for him. Poor Choas.
I tried to rouse him for more than ten minutes (apparently he has a really slow metabolism) and when that didn’t work (I had serious fears that I was going to lose him to anesthetics. It has been known to happen) the vet assistant and I carried him out to the car and put him in the back. Our gorgeous weighs a whopping 88 pounds, thank you very much.
On the way home I stopped once to check on him, he wagged his tail once, and by the time I got home he was raising his shoulders from the floor of the car.
Big brother and I carried him inside to a sunny spot. He was more comfortable this time around, lounged in the blanket we used to carry him. Hah. Around six in the evening he was walking around again, and is now lying at my feet begging for food. That’s my gorgeous!

But that was a slight spoiler of today, wasn’t it? Let me just rewind a little and tell about yesterday. Now, if only I wouldn’t blank at this very moment……..right, I did some sawing. Cousin Ed is remodeling her place a bit, putting up panels under her windows because the old panels were looking so bad.

What else…made zucchini soup for today, rather than yesterday. We had some major bags of frozen zucchini in the freezer, so I took out three. Two for soup and one for a ratatouille that I made later for supper. Ate that with chickpea burgers last night and then got down to the edit. Yay.

Good news on the “doing-the-blog-different-every- now-and-then. Soon there will be another interview with an author from the States. Tanner Artesz, and as you might have guessed I already did a review for him some time ago. I can’t say anything specific in regard to the date, since the interview is still in the beginning stages, but I just thought I’d give y’all a heads up.

There was an unload-the-car session, after which I repaired a kid’s kick scooter back to functionality and worked on the table lamp I’m fixing up for mom. What with all the sowing she needs a proper light there.

Fence fixing too. The sun was out, the wind gone for about 24 hours, and we put up a section of fence that Tadaika had wrecked for the gazillionth time. This time we did a large strip of diamond metal fence, so that oughta do the trick. Yay. In fact, while we were digging today, none of the dogs (except Abacara who just squeezes herself through a three inch gap between fence and gate) joined us for a change. It was awesome. Hah.

I distinctly remember a very short nap, which was wonderful since the weather was nippy. Heck, it was downright cold because despite the other dogs throwing up a racket outside, Knight II, Chaos, Sitabah and Dax didn’t even bother to raise their heads while we cuddled together on the bed. Hah.

There was watering of course (today cousin Ed did the honors, due to my having to go out and bringing Chaos to the vet and everything) along with a nice little harvest of tomatoes from the greenhouse, fresh parsley and another broccoli. I did hunt bugs, naturally. The little buggers keep turning up.

Well, of course I did laundry, cleaning and all that sort of boring stuff. I hauled stuff, I dug and on the overall was kept nicely busy.

We managed another edit somewhere along the way. Not a huge amount of pages, but enough to be able to say that we’re making progress.

And I’m going to leave it at this. My days is as good as over, and since I can already think of bed (with a barely concealed whimper) fondly that is a good thing. Hah.

.

No comments: