Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The smaller greenhouse

Song of the day: “Step by step” by Whitney Houston. Quite inevitable due to the news I heard early this morning. My, there was a shocker. It ranked right up there with Heath Ledger and Brittany Murphy. Totally didn’t see it coming. Weird.

Well, let’s see if we can do this fast today. I’m in a bit of a rush because I need to go out later and I still want to do some edits.

For the past couple of days we have been working on the new (smaller) greenhouse. Just yesterday we put up the knee-high wall that will hold the future glass structure. We opted for natural rock, because it will look nice with the courtyard wall behind it, and the smaller rock walls below it. I’m making pictures, so once it is done I’ll show off. Hah.

But anyway, yesterday we put up the wall, allowing us to spend today chopping away the thin concrete floor that used to make up the little terrace in the past. It sounds a lot easier than it was since this was the one time when our tendency for overkill nipped us in the butt. We’d put metal work in the concrete, for crying out loud! Grrr. Be that as it may, we spent the majority of the afternoon doing that, and going on up to finally work on the Opel again.

Yep, we got around to putting the side panel that big brother spray painted the other day, in, and were only left with one screw we had no idea where it came from left. *sigh* I don’t know how that works, but usually when you take something apart you are left with a screw or two.

What else. Well, there was the yard of course. It was actually kinda nice down there since the wind didn’t blow that bad on the lower terraces. I watered plants and seedlings, both today an yesterday, and while yesterday I only harvested some broccoli, today I managed to get a whole bucket of chickweed that went really well for supper this afternoon. Everything down there is doing rather splendid, and seriously, with this type of weather I’m inclined to just stay there (and in the greenhouse) if for no other reason than the splendid warmth.

Grandpa is really liking the mittens I made for him the other day. Says they keep his hands nice and warm during his walks with his dogs in the morning. Good thing, since the cold hand thing is driving him bonkers.

Did a wee bit of cleaning in my cabin again because it was really getting to be ridiculous again. It still is, but at least the floors are clean. *sigh* But seriously, who’s got time for cleaning when you come in around midnight, drop into bed pull up the blankets, have your eyes closed ‘till the alarm goes of, get dressed and are out again before the sun peaks over the mountains? I sure don’t.

Typed out tenant’s letter yesterday afternoon. Her handwriting is not as neat as it used to be, so I offered to write it on the computer for her so it would be easier to read. That, and I did a photo session with her, so she could add two pictures to the letter. Got a couple that worked out splendidly, and even she is happy about them, which is a rare thing.

Well, I’ve gotta give Chaos his first antibiotic, his operation is less than a couple of days away, poor thing. He’s not liking today’s cold by the way. He’s lying at my feet and I covered him with a blanket. Now, as he falls asleep his paws will stretch out, only for him to very slowly pull them back again, lest they get too cold. Hah. It’s really funny to see.

No comments: