Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Diesel

Song of the day: “Come on” by Will Young. Still a good song.

I’m going to do a rush job. I’m late and I wanna be in bed on time tonight, darn it!
So yesterday. Well, it was busy, and I was out and about for five hours later in the afternoon so I was not a happy camper. Grrr.

There were morning chores, of course, dogs to feed, dogs to pet, dogs to search for ticks and dogs to chase when they left with my cheese! Aaaargh. Hah. No matter, though. There was plenty to do. Cousin Ed and grandpa were out to the dental lab. Grandpa’s teeth fell on the floor last night, so he had to have it fixed. He could come pick it up later in the afternoon, which we’d do once the car could be picked up. Got that call around noon. Our suspicions were confirmed. Somehow a few liters of petrol ended up in our diesel (we still haven’t figured out how) meaning that they had to drain the tank and change the filters. There goes the savings of this month, eh? Ah well, at least it was nothing more serious. I could come pick up the car at any time.

Tenant opted to stay up in the old horse paddock, she was so comfortable, she claimed, that she just wanted to sit there quietly writing her letters to her elderly relatives.

Over breakfast big brother and I did some Spanish, and then noticed Sally coming up from her apartment. Gawd, she’d cut her own hair and it was standing every which way, with uneven ends, so I told her to sit down so I could do some damage control. Hah. Seriously, I couldn’t let her leave the house like that. Having rather thin and slow growing hair, I usually don’t get folks who say, “Ah well, it won’t matter that I cut it wrong. It’ll grow back”. Drives me bonkers, I tell ya.

Little brother succeeded with his theory exam for driver’s license the other day, so he had to go to his school around four, so we agreed that he and mom would drop me off at the garage, which meant I had about two hours to write before that time came. Got some good stuff down, so I didn’t mind having to head on up to get changed into something a little less casual and headed for town.

Chatted with the mechanic for a bit, who assured me it shouldn’t be a problem. They drained the tank, poured in some diesel and a big splash of oil. They advised me to put in two tack oil as soon as possible then drive with it for a bit, and then fill her up again. Talked some with the receptionist as well, who told me of the shocker the other day when she came back to the office after she’d been gone a couple of minutes and found the cash box emptied of over five hundred bucks. Seriously! Can you imagine it. That’s gotta hurt.

But anyway, went home in a bit of a rush because grandpa had to be brought to the dental lab again to see if they fixed the thing right. (First had to unload the car, though. Was filled with wood.) The guy working there is a really nice guy. He doesn’t fuss about grandpa not talking Spanish, and isn’t bothered that he has to get grandpa to mimic him. He gave excellent service, even did the lower section so, yay. Finally the darn thing is no longer hurting. Strangely enough the dentist didn’t manage that feat.

The car is still sputtering a little, like she’s a little drunk, hah, doesn’t want to pull up the mountain as hard, but that’s supposedly going to get better once the oil and diesel have fully replaced the petrol.

Were home a little late, but I still did manage to add a few more pages to the book at the end of the day. Got my daily quota at least. Yay. Of course it did make me late getting to bed, which is a pain in the behind. Grrr.
We got loads of mosquitoes by the way, and I fully blame the basin for that. Seriously, they’re in the thousands, and they’re big suckers. My room is teeming with them every night.

Which brings us to this morning where I woke somewhat dazedly, wanting little more than turn over and continue on. Didn’t of course, there were once again chores to do, dogs to feed and a book to write. Got to it ASAP too, doing only forty minutes of Spanish before I started on the writing bit. Managed almost four pages this afternoon, finishing only to help big brother cook. He did spaghetti and cheese, while I made a veggie mix on the side. Worked out well enough, I just didn’t much like the paprika powder I used.

That done we headed down into the yard where we watered and harvested for the day. Zucchinis have gone into a little bit of lull, which is good, seeing as I didn’t much like the idea of another batch of canning right now. Way too busy what with the four to five hours of writing every afternoon.

There was a rather wonderful wind blowing fiercely this morning. Regretfully it stopped around three in the afternoon, which had poor Chaos breathing heavy and Labhana hiding in Sally’s bathroom. Hah.

Tenant opted to spend the day with mom in the house today, so basically it was a quiet afternoon all way round. Had a nice dip after the yard, which was wonderful. The water is still somewhat cool, pretty clean, and I was properly refreshed to cut dog veggies for yesterday’s meal.

At the same time, Big brother made a lamp for terrace in front of my cabin. Since we’re doing most of the night computer work there, the darkness was driving me absolutely bonkers. So right now I’m standing in the glow of the night light, with the wind blowing around me like mad, keeping the mosquitoes at bay (yay) and making it wonderfully cool while I’m writing tonight’s blog.

Which means I’m done for now. Yay. The dogs are restless, and they really do want to go to bed (past midnight after all). So do I for that matter. Hah

No comments: