Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Past 10K. Yay!

Song of the day: “New York” by Alicia Keys. Yeah. Don’t ask me why. Usually I can’t stand the woman all that much, but this is a nice one, and considering my present book is set in the Big Apple it seemed kinda appropriate. Hah.

Well, first off: My effing foot is killing me these past couple of days so I’m not in the best of moods. Grrr.

Okay, nothing really interesting happening these past couple of days, except that at a certain point little sister lost the puppy who came up to where we were working on the computer and decided that it was a good time to get reacquainted. Cheerful little darling, bouncing up and down, wagging its tail like mad and trying to crawl into our laps.

Well, there was laundry both days, of course, and then preparing dog food. Strange how their appetite changes from day to day. I am getting the distinct feeling that whenever there’s a lot of cauliflower and pumpkin in it, they love it, while if there’s a lot of green leave veggies in it, they’re less enthusiastic. And beets, oh boy, anything beet they get incredibly excited about.

The dogs fed and our breakfast gathered to take down to the basin terrace, I went down and took my time cleaning up a little. That sort of thing does gets neglected a lot now that writing is taking up so many hours of the day. Still, I took the time to make burger dough, for our own meal, as well as Sally, who’s somewhat dependent on the stuff while she’s on a gluten free diet. I am glad that she likes it.

That done, and Spanish over breakfast over with, it was time to start writing. The first few hours didn’t go all that well. The sentences were going at a snail’s pace, and since it was our plant to leave for town around 4:45, we were pondering to stop a little earlier until it became clear that tenant was on her way down for the first time in days. Didn’t want her efforts to be for nothing, so we decided that I would try to write for another hour or so, and then start on supper while she kept me company.
That was of course before I got “into” the scene and didn’t resurface until I’d written a solid five pages. *sigh* I did forget the time, meaning that we didn’t leave for town until five thirty (without supper, darn it) leaving tenant to Cousin Ed, who also did some watering of the weaker plants.

Did a few groceries in town, then had to head out for a small donation for the markets. Didn’t amount to much, but you don’t look a gift horse in the mouth, right? For the dogs every penny counts.

Once we got home it was time for a veggie burger. That fresh lettuce and tomatoes on top do make for a fine combination, I’ll admit. Had two before my hunger was soothed to a bearable level and got back to writing. Managed to add another two pages before the evening was over, so Yay! I crossed the 10K word mark, meaning we’re one tenth into the story. Hah.

Regretfully I was late getting to bed again, putting me not in the best of moods when I woke up this morning. I really should try to get to bed in time today. *sigh* I wonder how often I’ve been thinking exactly that for the past few weeks. Grrr. Stupid days are just too short. Heck, we’re not even managing to do any projects at the moment.

But anyway, after the usual morning chores, as mentioned at the beginning, I went down to the basin for breakfast, some cleaning, and Spanish…not necessarily in that order. Today, as opposed to yesterday, the weather was decidedly cool. There was a haze in the air that made the temperature downright pleasant compared to yesterday’s scorcher. In fact, there were moments today when I was almost regretful that I hadn’t brought a blouse down with me.

Only managed to write a couple of pages today. My punishment for doing seven yesterday, I’m thinking. Hah. Still, the scene is working out nicely, and the characters are really establishing themselves. Got a “past” scene so far, and an action scene, so, Yay.

That done, it was time to head into the yard where plants got watered (what with the dry wind and the continues sunshine…even through the haze, the soil was rapidly drying) and harvests were gathered. Got beets for our own meal, along with purslane for the dogs, zucchinis, cauliflower and tomatoes for our salad. Decided to grill the cauliflower and pepper before mixing it into freshly cut veggies. With the home-made salad dressing and a pattie on the side, it went down well after a long day of mental activity. Added to that was baked beets with cream and cheese, creating a filling meal that is still working well in keeping me satisfied. Usually, ‘round this time I’m more than ready for a snack.

Once everything was done down there, and the dishes put out soak, I gathered the contents of my bag and headed n up to start cutting the dog veggies. Had company, of course, seeing as the dogs like this part of their home-made food the most. Seriously, Rammi, Kollosus, Tadaika and Tridatu would dive into the pan if you let them. The others too, for that matter, despite them being a little less forward in their endeavors. If I’m not careful, nothing of the uncooked stuff would be left for cooking. Hah

We had planned to go for a jog today, but since my foot is being such a pain in the behind, and since Cousin Ed had to pick up Sally, we decided against it. Besides, we would have had to run by the big road, which is definitely dangerous what with all the weekend traffic.

Which brings us to now, the Blog, and the fact that bed time is only a short time away, if I can help it. Yay.

No comments: