Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Past midnight.

Song of the day: “We’re gonna win” by Bryan Adams. That’s been a while. More than a year, I think.

I am totally late. It’s now (while I start) 11:35, so I doubt I’m going to make it in time with the blog. *sigh* I can’t help it, I promise. I just had to go for a jog, and that took a while. I think the run went better than the last time, more relaxed and a little faster at the same time, which is good, since I hate the jog speed. Grrr.
The moon was out, so it didn’t matter we were on the late side heading out. It was actually kind of magical, the full moon lighting the way as if there were lights on. Seriously, I could chase my own shadow. Hah.

Two days of writing behind me. Am up to page sixty five, thank you very much. The romance is starting to build seriously now, the characters becoming aware that there is more than just “like” and all that. I love this part in writing romance stories, that first moment of awareness, you know, of, “oh my gawd, what is this thing I’m feeling here?” Don’t you just love the falling for moment? *sigh*

Cooking was a hasty affair, both yesterday and today. Yesterday because we had to go out to town for a donation again. Nothing for the market this time, but that grocery store friend again who donated a few boxes of old bread and veggies for the dogs. Yay. It took some time, the loading and then unloading at home, because there was lots of stuff that wasn’t useful for anything other than the compost heap, which isn’t bad either since we’re going to need lots of that for next year’s veggie garden. Hah.

There was watering of the yard, harvesting stuff, of course preparing dog food and feeding it. All very glamorous, I know. *snort* Luckily I like it, so it doesn’t matter if it is or not. Nothing like living life with all its step by step aspects.

Tenant spent the afternoon with us today, by the way. She seemed a little less out of it, being there, if you know my meaning. She finished her Angelique novel, which she apparently didn’t like all that much. Hah. She always reads the bodice rippers with complete concentration, and yet when I ask her what she thinks, she’ll say she doesn’t like it at all.

Worked some more by the igloo. Hauled stuff up to load into the Land Rover and drive off to the local land fill. Never realized we had that much stuff stored, but so far we’ve filled up two cars with it.

Didn’t get around to making apple pie, darn it. I had so looked forward to it last night, but there just wasn’t time today. Grrr. Maybe tomorrow. Tenant has agreed to come down earlier so she can get an early start on cutting apples for it.

Oh, gross something. This afternoon I flushed my toilet and saw black clumps floating in it. Turns out it were ants. I have a friggin’ ant farm in my flusher. Yep. I kid you not. Freaked me out, I tell ya. You wouldn’t believe the amount of ants we’re having on the property this year, they’re absolutely everywhere.

We have decided to give Nata (golden) the same medication as Gada and Tridatu, and it appears to make him feel better. He’s a little more active, and when he gets it, he actually manages to climb the mountain now.

And this is it for me today. I need some shuteye and it is now almost twelve thirty so I gotta go.

No comments: