Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Liking where it's going

Song of the day: “Sitting down here” by Lene Marlin. It flitted in and out of my mind most of the day, and though it is an oldie (comparatively) it’s still a good song.

I’m a bit behind again. (I know. What else is new, right?) Which is not surprising since I insisted on a nice jog tonight. The temps were so wonderful that I just couldn’t resist. So we (big brother, cousin Ed and me) packed up Niobe and Knight II, and headed for our usual spot. Did only a mile, or so, but it was enough. The running wasn’t anything to write home about, but the movement was rather nice.

And before that (might as well go backwards today), well, there was the dog veggies to cut for their breakfast tomorrow morning, preceded by eating the last bit of supper down by the basin terrace where we’d gathered after watering the yard. Luckily that was fast, since we didn’t really have time to eat before it. Had a few slices of zucchini with herbs and melted cheese (grilled it in the oven), and just headed out.

Spent the majority of the afternoon writing on the book, which went remarkably well. For some reason my focus was there, despite distractions, and got down a solid five pages, yay! Getting there, getting there. I also like where it’s getting so far, so that’s a good thing. The characters are interesting, they’re constantly surprising me with their responses, and there’re some new characters that appear to be working out rather well too.

Cutting off our Spanish reading session, was working at the igloo and sorting through the mess lying about there. There are spare mattresses, dog pillows, blankets. You name it, it’s there, and we had to go through it to decide what we were going to toss, and what we had to pile up to keep. Seeing as we’re going to have a visitor in September, we had to empty the igloo (aka guestroom) and have been postponing the sorting process ever since. It took almost an hour, but we made a good dent in it at least.

Fed the dogs, of course, did laundry, and skipped a dip in the pool because it wasn’t all that hot today, Yay! Seriously, the temps have gone down and now is definitely the Spanish weather I love round these parts. Cool winds, bright sunshine, dry air rather than the hazy mess the last few days. Love it.

Was on time waking up, and had a rather good night despite Sitabah waking me several times vomited. Silly dog decided to eat grass last night again, so I got to enjoy the consequences during the night. *sigh*

Yesterday.
Didn’t actually manage a second writing session in the evening, but since I did three pages that afternoon I wasn’t too upset about it. Instead I spent some time online looking at British real estate for the book. I needed to look at some styles and find that going to real estate agents is always the easiest ways to find typical descriptions.

After cutting dog veggies, big brother and I went to the igloo to get two mattresses up. The dogs killed his, you see, so we had to replace it with a smaller one and a piece to fill up the empty spot. Worked out well, big brother cut it up, and I sewed up the cover afterward. Took only half an hour that, but then we had to go to his room to drag his two hundred pound old mattress out . Oh. My. Gawd! Seriously, almost thought that we weren’t going to manage it. But finally we did, of course, and got the thing folded enough to tie it up and carry it up so we can bring it to the land fill one of these days.

Prior to that was yard work, of course, including yanking weeds, watering and harvesting. Zucchinis are still going strong and the green house tomatoes have reached their end. We’re going to have to start yanking the diseased plants out soon.

Cooked supper, which consisted of potato veggie salad that went down well. I still love anything potato, darn it. Seriously, I wouldn’t know what to do if they weren’t there anymore.

Another writing session preceded that where I only managed a few pages, which was frustrating beyond imagining. I hate it when that happens. Did finish a scene, however, so it really doesn’t matter in the end.

Did do a bit of Spanish before that, so that was good at least. Unloaded the car in the morning, before breakfast, of course, seeing as the sibs had to load up for their market day…same goes for cousin Ed, who spent most of the day preparing her own market.

I wasn’t in the best of moods, due to Sitabah, who drove me bonkers in the morning. She’s scaled the fence, and then stood barking on the roof as if she couldn’t get off…until I got out of bed and called out for her to get her butt inside before I got out there and throttled her for waking me up. Hah.

Am not happy with tenant at the moment, by the way. She’s still floating in her head somewhere and is letting her motivation for getting better escape completely. She’s doing less and less, and is then surprised when she finds stuff she’d gotten better at difficult to do again. I know that it is none of my business, and that it is her life, but there are times that it is more than a little frustrating. It is hard to see several years of hard work disappear because she has decided she’s too old for all the hassles. Makes me want to scream. *sigh*

And that’s it for today. I’m sure I’m missing something vital, but who gives a heck. There’s almost two pages going on, so…gotta go.

No comments: