Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

So strange

Song of the day: “If I Die Young” by the Band Perry.

Hmmm. Well, it’s been a strange couple of day. On the most part tenant has been giving us fits. Yesterday was pretty darn horrible, drinking wise. No matter how you explain, and how often you remind her, she keeps refusing. Gave us a bit of a scare too, since her pee was a tad pinkish. Even called an ambulance yesterday evening to check that, but they said it was fine, probably just from where the tube is attached to her kidney. Then again today, I mean seriously, what is wrong with her? We are going to make an appointment to have her brain scanned in Malaga, because this is just too strange. There are times when it seems that she deliberately trying to get our knickers in a twist, or something, which isn’t what we’re used to with her. Luckily her doctor in the village suggested that we do this, so that’s definitely going to happen at some point in the near future. I can tell you that it is vastly disturbing and sad to see her this way.
We have an option for a temp carer, though, making everything a little less heavy all the way round, giving caregiver a little time off. We’re going to talk with two women tomorrow and see if we can get to an agreement.

There was plenty of laundry again, along with dog food for and other chores. I know, vastly interesting, right? You’re psyched, I know. Hah. Life is going steady as you please and I for one don’t mind all that much at the moment. I am slowly recovering from the flu. The cough is almost over, and I am losing the cough. Yay.

Yesterday we had a pretty darn good edit. Managed at least five pages, which is a first in a long time. Of course today we barely managed one, but what the heck. I’m getting ahead of myself. Where was I? We had to go out for a bit, grab some groceries for mom and the sibs.

Big brother and grandpa have been working on grandpa’s bathroom, installing the new toilet. It’s a pain, because the new model is of a different design than the old one. While they were doing that, I was working in the kitchen, making supper for us, as well as for tenant, who has a developed a strange yen for salt-less food. Made a vegetable barley mix with some chicken for her that worked rather well.

Got my first customer review for Saving Nina’s excerpt yesterday (Thank you Teresa), which is always exciting, naturally.

Big brother is still suffering from a bad cough, which didn’t put him in the best of moods today.
Not that I saw much of him early in the morning. Mom wasn’t feeling all that well, so I offered to take our friend to the airport in her stead. This meant that I had to get up at 6:45…which almost went wrong because my alarm gave the spirit again. Luckily I had asked grandpa to give me a shout if I didn’t come out on time. I only had to rush a little to be up by the car in time.

Middle sister came to get the lodging dogs, and friend and I set out toward the airport. Made good time, in particular since it was still early in the morning and the traffic low. Then of course it turned out that the main road to the airport was closed off, meaning we had to go the back way, but I dropped her off on time, so all was well. The way back I decided to go on country roads. It’s never smart to drive highways on your own when you slept only four hours, so that was much safe…not to mention more enjoyable. Hah.

Got home to a whole list of chores. No time for edits either since laundry was waiting, along with dog feeding time, and then down to the main house where the big freezer was going haywire. Had to take it apart and attach a new electrical wire before it was fixed.

Next the washing machine, which had somehow managed to become unbalanced again, meaning we had to fix that too. Not good for the machine, that.

Third chore of the day was go back up to grandpa’s bathroom and work on the installation of the toilet. It took some time, but we did succeed in the endeavor, even before grandpa returned from the village. By then I made some broccoli soup, so Sally would have something healthy to eat today (I didn’t feel like out and out cooking, so we opted for French fries with nuggets tonight) . But the soup worked out so well I had myself some as well.

That done big brother and I studied a bit of our Spanish, as promised to out teacher last Wednesday. My brain feels like mush so I don’t know how much gets stuck in there, but I’m trying and that’s what counts.

Took a nap right after, because my short night caught up with me. Slept wonderfully, thank you very much, and would have continued doing so if a call of nature hadn’t rudely interrupted me and reminded me that I was still supposed to edit today. Hah. My dogs also really liked that, plastering themselves to me for the duration of the nap.

So we edited, a little, put the dog food on the stove, ate our own supper, and…well, that’s about when the day came to an end with this blog. Time for some real horizontal stuff, and on to the new day.
I can hardly wait!

No comments: