Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Something good, something bad

Song of the day: “Please don’t say you love me” by Gabrielle Aplin. Such a cute little song. Only recently heard it on the radio, then found it online yesterday. It’s been in my head since then. *sigh* Funny thing is, I thought that the song was very much in style with Ed Sheeran, and then I discovered that she’s the opening act of his tour, or was, whatever. How’s that for coincidences.

Well, good news first. Tenant came home today. Cousin Ed went there for a visit, and was informed that she could take her home that very afternoon. Yay for tenant. It took several hours to arrange for her release, but before twilight they came home, with tenant in remarkably good spirits.

Personally, my weekend has not been all that splendid. The flu decided to return, and boy did it hit me in the face again. Started on Saturday with this odd tingle in my lungs and then hit me full-force on Sunday. The majority of yesterday was spent in bed, sleeping the hours away, and coughing my lungs from my chest. *snort* But seriously, I’m experiencing a serious relapse. Tired as heck, weak, and, well, sick. Even today, I would have liked nothing better than to stay under the blankets and forget about the world at large.

The only ones benefiting from this mess are the dogs, who absolutely love the quality time in bed with me. Seriously, Chaos, Knight, Tadaika, Sitabah and Dax have appointed themselves to my personal stoves and are making the horrible cold during the fever pitches manageable. So sweet, their faces close to mine, the tugs of war for the blankets. Gawd, it’s like a slumber party. *snort*

Edit-wise we didn’t manage a lot, nor did I get much writing done. I think in total, we managed about ten pages the past few days (big brother isn’t his old self yet either), so that’s a bust. Gawd. I want summer to come back. This cold weather is totally not helping my flu. Only plus was that the market didn’t go through either, due to the weather. I really didn’t want to imagine myself over there, coughing like mad as soon as I move faster than a snail. Hah.

Well, that’s it for today. I wish I had something awesome to say…besides tenant being home, that is, but alas, fate won’t oblige at the moment. *sigh*

No comments: