Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cleaning up.

Song of the day was some sort of classical tune. Really annoying too since it just kept repeating over and over again while I had no idea which one it was.

A near accident this morning; my dogs opened my front door just when grandpa came by, but luckily I heard it happening, so I was out of bed and down on the terrace to snatch Trin Trin right off the ground and shout Knight II back into the cabin. Grandpa, thankfully managed to fend them off until I got there so no harm was done in the end.

But let’s keep this short, I bet you have a lot of better things to do that read this…I know I do. Hah.
I was right on the dot again this morning the way I was supposed to. I did have kink in my neck, so I was like, ouch, ouch, and not in the best of moods while doing some stretches. After a few of them, it’s time to start on the morning rituals and then down to the house.

Today we started reading through the printed version and managed about four chapters before the mind got to be too murm. By then, it’s time to head out. Since the walls are pretty much done, and soon we’re going to have a guest around here, it is rather necessary to clear out the guest cabin (we’ve been using it for storage these past few years) and it takes us at least three hours to get it all done.

The effort pays off too, since we find several boxes filled with glasses and cups (I’d just written a list of those to buy during Monday’s shopping) and all sorts of other stuff that’s going to come in really handy in the kitchen. We’d completely forgotten that we stored it down there several years ago. Hah. But anyways, we manage to sort it all out. Whatever needs to be kept gets brought to the igloo, garbage gets lugged up to the car, and wood supplies get set by yesterday’s wall for later hauling.

About half an hour before dusk we’ve got the rooms practically empty so we can start cleaning and painting them tomorrow…I hope. Finished up and the dogs - poor old Bommel included - brought up to the courtyard, bit brother and I head out to the local landfill to dump the full back truck and find five…count them 5 huge plants that have been dumped there with pot and all. They’ll be perfect for the new plots, that’s a fact. This is what I call excellent recycling. Hah.

Suffice it to say that we take quite a while unloading and the reloading with the plants, along with a huge pile of wooden boards that’ll come in handy too during construction time. Sometimes it amazes me to see what some people will throw away. It is rather sad…albeit rather handy for us. Hah. I am thoroughly running on empty by the time we return home, not surprisingly.

Well that’s about it, I guess. Not much more to tell, just the normal stuff to go…oh yeah, and dinner.

No comments: